Waking up fresh in the morning with a new move.
"Mom!I am crawling!!"
That's the spirit Aza!
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
I decided to choose the Ladybird series as my guidance to assist Ava since the books come in sequence ; as in step by step. I easily got confuse with teaching material *suddenly I got vision of myself from the past when I did my teaching practical at one of the school at Johor..how messy it was!*
After further investigation, I found out that these books are quiet simple yet complete. As I assist Ava in her quest for english mastery, who knows the series could also teach me a trick or two on English... Well who am i kidding... I am pretty sure my interaction with the Ladybird series would also improve my English language.
What I know is the Ladybirds Series have been proven to be successful. At least I know of a few who have use it to teach their kids English.
My expectation as a mother are:
1. To be able to assist my kids in opening the gate to literacy; the first step of which is learning to read.
2. This would be enjoyable interaction with my daughter,as well as my son.
3. To help me exercise my mind ... I am sure I will face challenges in assisting my children creatively and to motivate them and keep the momentum.
4.To have an open mind about "education"... And a feel of homeschooling...(btw Ava is now in Playschool)
4.For me this is also an effort to my continuous education as I explore pre-school pedagogy.
5. In term of time expectation, it is tempting to desire that they would know how to read very very quickly but I go by the motto of kids will grow at their own pace and driven by their inner-interest. So my role is more like a facilitator, see where their interest build their reading from there... Most important is not to force them beyond their ability.
Expectation from the books :
1. Sharpen the children*including me* vocabularies.
2. Improve my own spoken English.
3. Guidance to be a self learner*kids... Let the kids dictates the speed of learning*
4. Hopefully this would lead me to learn further about holistic homeschool*perhaps at least a part time home school?*
5. The good thing about this book it doesn't teach formula grammar e.g : Singular-"is" Plural-"are" but let the kid pick up the grammar and understand the grammar naturally.
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Monday, January 16, 2012
Saturday, January 14, 2012
Have I mentioned that I obsessed about yarns and hooks???
My hunger of this obsession has been feed "again" when I received these.
Two bulk of super sturdy RedHeart yarns and my new Clover hooks!
I can't wait any longer to start making something with the yarns and using the new crochet hooks so I decided to make a tote bag out of those and it is still progressing.
We also organized our house for the *I lost count..* time and I got my own home office aka command centre.:).
Yayy I finally have my own work area!Flo and Ava also have their own so that her toys doesn't go into my box or Flo's thumb drive doesn't ends up inside Ava's cooking stove.
Friday, January 13, 2012
Thursday, January 12, 2012
A few conversation with Ava about her school.
When it is time for Flo to send Ava to her montessori pre school,sometimes she would look worried but Flo comforted her,
"You just hold my hand if you feel scared*he read her a book about Oakley,the young rabbit who scared to go outside but the mum tell him to hold her hand whenever he feels scared,and after that he don't feel scared anymore*
Ava hold his hand and said right at Flo face and smile,
"I like my school!" later they said good bye and kisses.
Mummy,"What did you eat at school today?"
Ava,"I am eatin monoo!!*mono is noodle.
Mummy,"What did you do at school today?"
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
From curiosity on trying different types of cloth diaper,babywearing to yarns and just recently,I am hooked to try different type of crochet hooks..
Recently I purchased a new Clover edition of crochet hooks.
The Amure Clover 4mm hooks.
Obviously on the first try,I could feel the different compare with my previous hooks when it ran through the yarns.The newly improvised Grip is so comfortable to use!
The Amure crochet hooks had a firm solid grip soft touch finger to fit.The Grip is made of three dimensional curve and this type is supposed to reduce fatigue when crochetting for long hours as it designated to reduce the extra power on gripping the hooks.
My hands are trembling to add another size of Amure but need to restraint myself..not till my other type of Clover hooks arrive:p.
...and after that you may know what sort of those people which you are not sure what was the story behind of their attitude.
By having their respond,you would know either that person was making an honest mistakes or a manipulator.
By doing this,you saved your health and prevent from misunderstanding.
A manipulator?You can read how he would sandwich all his words to look like an inoccent.
Honest responds?He would only say the words he need to say..a straight foward statement.
Which I bought since last year but only found "the love"by today:p.
SBP Katja wrap conversion ring sling.Love the spreading fabric design at the shoulder which offer a good support to carry heavier baby.
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
I am clueless when it comes to put a baby inside a ring sling. I have three of them in different type.
100percent cotton in blue sea*which Flo loved and his workhorse*,a Katja wrap conversion ring sling*which both of us still not find any love with it* and a Mamapatch linen blended in cream color*which only today I found love after Aza looked so content and even napping when we had our dinner at pizza hut*.