This diaper is totally one of my outdoor nappy! The 1st nappy I will reach each time we want to go out from the house. They aren’t very that bulky and allow Ava to fit into her regular clothes even added with insert. I also love that I can take the soaker out and reuse the cover about 2 to 3 times before I have to wash it again. I used the inserts and booster in other diapers because of their absorbency being better. (Except on pocket diaper.Pocket tend to have a wide space on putting insert inside it and with the trimness of the Gro Baby insert, they would leak through pocket!) There was one time I forgot to change Gro Baby on Ava during the night and it stayed with her until morning ( she was 6 months old) and I surprised there was no leaked for about 11 hours! Then recently I tried to use Gro Baby for the whole night but after 5 hours, the insert already soaking wet. So I must say this diaper can only be used as a night time diapering on baby from 1 months old to 7 months old.
1. Can last until 2-3 hour.
2. The shell fits nicely over prefolds / lampin.
3. A snuggle fit diaper.
4. Covers/Shells dry very quickly.
5. Trim between her legs and around her waist.
6. The absorbency become better and better after several wash.
1. The soaker is in a good size and flat before wash but after several washes it would become slightly thick. ( which hubby prefer it on that way.)
2. The inside of the cover does get a little wet. ( They need to air dry before the next use.)
3. They do have to be change a couple of times throughout the day. ( But I don’t mind!!)
4. Soaker takes a long time to dry.
5. Cover was soiled every time when baby has done their “business”(poo).
6. Baby’s skin tends to feel wet If it does not change after 3 hours.
The verdict :
Some mommies have only got 4 covers and about 12 of the snap insert. ( more than enough for one day use.)
Overall, I really like this system( and I am actually prefer to have more AI2 in my stash, they save space in my diaper bag) . I love the velvety feel and cushiness of the shell and it does seem like a small diaper but that what it makes more trim!!
P/S : By the way, Gro Baby is a one size diaper!!