Quote of the Day.

"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can."

-Arthur Ashe (1943-1993); American tennis player, social activist

Friday, July 16, 2010

Trip to Lambir National Park

Few months back, my hubby's mother, sister and brother in law and Kelly(cousin in law)were visiting  us for holiday.
During their stay, we managed to squeeze a a trip to Lambir National Park which hubby couldn't make it due to pressing matter in the office. At the beginning I wasn't sure if I would be able to keep up with them for the trip because the hike from the entrance to the waterfall takes about 30 minutes. Just to put things in perspective, I would need to carry Ava through the hilly tracks, on foot. Thought is running in my mind, I am worried sick whether I would able to do it .
Hubby assured me I will be okay. Furthermore mummy, Ipo, Pausin and Kelly are around whenever  I need some help.
Besides this sounds like a good opportunity to test drive my Patapum SSC. Whether it's durable for long time walking I would know by then.
The trip turns out to be a fun and exciting one, the four of them really enjoyed it. This is the first time they went to Lambir.  I have been there for a few times and my last trip before this was when I was 8 months preggy. Hubby was jokingly telling me that if I happened to accidentally delivered in the woods, we would have named our baby by "Ava Lambir Jipiu.."lol!!!


Mummy was posing at one of the bridges.
I was walking behind very carefully, watching on  my every step. Ava's safety is always first. I was afraid my feet would got stuck on the root or I would trip and fall on the slippery path.


We made a few stop to learn something about the trees in Lambir. Strange enough I never pay attention to the name board all this while coming to Lambir. This particular one was  really caught our attention. It signed, "Peler Kambing Tara Manang" ..Ipo and I cannot  help but laugh our heart out (U would need to imagine somebody speaking with a Mamak Slang for it to be funny). I shall not do any literal translation for the above as it contain 18SX element hehehe. 

Mummy was very funny cos she keep on warning us not to laugh whatever we see strange things in the woods including the above "Peler Kambing" and she was always asking permission from the "local resident" overtime we cross bridges!!! 
 When I reached home I thought I would be down with aching back, shoulder and other muscles. Imagine I was literally walking scaling this hilly tracks with Ava mounted on my back , the to and fro is roughly 1-1/2 hours. Surprise, surprise and a big thank to this Patapum SSC, I only felt a slight sore on my shoulders. The Patapum SSC indeed did an excellent job. (5 Stars rating from me, tried and tested.)

We were putting our Geography/Geology cap when we come across the above site. Everyone came up with different theories about how &why the above pot-holes on the floor. Some of them was logical to accept while some of the theory made us questioned ,"Are you sure you didn't skipped the Geography class when you were at school ?"

Ava was busy looking up to the trees until she missed the mat salleh kids who passed us by. Only when they were a few yards behind us then she noticed them and screaming with excitement looking at them. She spin her body to check  on them and  both of us nearly fall to the ground!!I didn't expect she would turned to her back with such strength!
At last, we arrived at the Waterfall!!

I brought my pouch along so easy for me to bring  Ava in and out.

Don't get the picture wrong!! I didn't put her in the water...I was letting her hands to touch the fresh and cooling  river water..She was excited and wanted to get inside the water. Not to make her feeling disappointed, I let her feet waddling in the water and it's enough to make her screaming  in delight!!! 

 A nice pose from all of us....oh Ipo was behind the camera...

These two ladies really have  a lot of energy on their hand!!
I had so much fun with both of you!!

Ipo asked us to look for  a tree and do a pose..I can only do a straight standing pose since I was tired already. Mummy was sporting ooh..she even sang a song( which I never heard her singing before!!) through walking out from the jungle....
Pausin..what can I say...lol!!!
Pausin's Mrs also tidak kalah with pose..Phewitttt!!!!

The Malaysian Next Top Model? What do you say..;).....


At last we reached at the reception  counter. Ava had fall asleep while enjoying looking at the trees and butterflies and chewing her teether through the whole journey.

Kelly, " Macam ni ka ni mo pasang?"
"Ngam la tu Kelly, pandai sudah ko guna tu."

Back at home, Kelly and Ava were enjoying aunty and niece bonding with the ring sling BabyLoft!!!




6 comments:

Ipo De Sean said...

Nice one Nunut...Hmm rindu lah pulak mau cuti2 Malaysia ni...

Sheena said...

Ipo...kita p Tawau lagi time Raya kan!!ada tempat ka sana buli mandi air terjun?

shida said...

sheena, tbl scene was really hillarious. the tbl should be on the shoulder. sudah terbalik bah

Sheena said...

Lol...bingung bah sudah tu, tlampau panat.hahaha

Lütfü said...

yurtdışı kargo
resimli magnet
instagram takipçi satın al
yurtdışı kargo
sms onay
dijital kartvizit
dijital kartvizit
https://nobetci-eczane.org/
RHP

Yiğit said...

salt likit
salt likit
dr mood likit
big boss likit
dl likit
dark likit
P2YJ64

Post a Comment

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Chat Space